Create and setup server identities (Factom blockchain ID)
The videotutorial shown below covers this section.
To be able to join the test net as an authority server you will need a «personal» server identity. The identity is generated using the serveridentity program. Entry Credits are required to create your identity to the blockchain.
We will set the following up in the guide:
- Test Credits
- Access to a full Factomd node, factom-walletd, and factom-cli
A good starting point is found in "Interacting with the Factom Blockchain" section of the Wiki. If you followed the guide, you now have a full Factomd node along with the commandline tools factom-cli and factom-walletd.
Create and fund a new Test Credit address
Using the commandline:
- Create a new TC address
factom-cli -s=localhost:port newecaddress
- Visit the Faucet and input your generated address.
- Verify that it has been funded:
factom-cli -s=localhost:port balance ECXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Export your address:
factom-cli -s=localhost:port exportaddresses
Take note of your private TC address for the next step, beginning with "Esxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Using the Enterprise Wallet:
- Create a new Entry Credit address in your Address Book.
- Visit the Faucet and input your generated address
- Verify that it has been funded by checking the balance in the wallet
- Click the pencil-icon on your EC wallet and click "Display Private Key", you will need this for the next step.
- Also create a new Factoid address to set up efficency and payout
Download and build server identity program. The following are directions for linux.
Install git, golang 1.10, and glide. Set the proper $GOPATH environment variable.
sudo apt-get install git golang-go golang-glide
~/.profile and add these lines to the bottom:
export GOPATH=$HOME/go export PATH=$PATH:$GOPATH/bin
Open a new terminal for these changes to take effect. You might even need to relog.
Clone the serveridentity program:
mkdir -p $GOPATH/src/github.com/FactomProject/ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/FactomProject/ git clone https://github.com/FactomProject/serveridentity.git cd serveridentity glide install go install cd signwithed25519 go install
Create the server identity
./serveridentity full elements Esxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -n=important -ffrom the step above
- It will create the files important.conf and important.sh
- Record the private keys printed out to the screen on paper or long term storage. These are used to control your identity in the future. Level 4 is the highest security and level 1 will be used to do more operations.
- Save important.sh, important.conf. This will be your
factomd.conffile on the server
- Make sure factomd is running
- Run factom-walletd in a terminal window
- The factom-cli commands in important.sh need to be run. Change all lines with
factom-cli …to now read
factom-cli -s=localhost:port ...
- Import the EC address to your wallet:
factom-cli importaddress Esxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Check the balance
- Run the important.sh script.
- Check the explorer that the new identity chains were created 10 minutes later.
Set efficency and payout address